[ipv6-tf] Gnomemeeting needs help !

Bartek Gajda gajda w man.poznan.pl
Wto, 14 Gru 2004, 14:02:35 CET

Gnomemeeting - popularna aplikacja do videokonferencji H.323, ktora jest
zgodna z IPv6 (do tej pory), byc moze zostanie pozbawiona tej zgodnosci
na skutek napotkanych problemow przy jej rozwoju przez autorow.

Gdyby ktos byl zainteresowany pomoca - przesylam maila ponizej.

pozdrawiam,
Bartek

Przesylam dalej informacje

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [6net wp5] Gnomemeeting needs help
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:48:15 +0100
From: Tina Strauf (JOIN Projekt Team) <join w uni-muenster.de>

Dear fellow 6NETers,

As you may know Gnomemeeting relies on IPv6 support in pwlib. IPv6
functionality in pwlib however was never more than a preliminary hack
and had quite a few problems, which fortunately so far did not have
direct impact on Gnomemeeting. This is about to change though.
Gnomemeeting developers have informed us that the problems with IPv6
support in pwlib have to be ironed out now or else Gnomemeeting might
lose IPv6 functionality again.

Assistance with this quest is very welcome.

As a starting point, here's a MINI-Howto from one of the developers:

1. grab http://snapshots.seconix.com/cvs/pwlib-cvs.tar.gz
2. tar xfvz.. ;cd...
3. ./configure --enable-plugins && make debug
4. make PWLIBDIR=`pwd` -C samples/ipv6test/ debug
5. run "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd'/lib/
samples/ipv6test/obj_linux_x86_d/ipv6test"

As an alternative do a "make opt" rather than "make debug"

Find below some forwarded messages. The developer from pwlib is Craig
Southeren <craigs w southeren.com>. He will gladly answer any further
questions. Kilian Krause and Damien Sandras are with Gnomemeeting
itself.

Tina