[ipv6-tf] Vista i IPv6

Marcin Gondek drixter w e-utp.net
Pon, 7 Sie 2006, 19:50:02 CEST

Witam,

 Na SixXS ciekawą rzecz opisali, może kogoś zainteresuje:

==cut==
Since the start of the Windows Vista
<http://www.sixxs.net/news/2006/www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/> public
beta 2 program we have been receiving enquiries from people about the
status of Windows Vista support. After searching for quite some time and
then contacting Microsoft, it became clear that after the
re-implementation of the complete IPv4 and IPv6 stack into one new mixed
stack a lot of features have been added, but one peculiar feature has
become absent: IPv6 in IPv4 tunnels (proto-41). ISATAP, Teredo and 6to4
are all available, but configured tunnels are not. As such, when one
runs Windows Vista host one will not be able to use SixXS, or for that
matter any of the other Tunnel Brokers
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunnel_Broker/>. We have enquiried
Microsoft about this and their response is that they know about the
problem. The 'bug' will be fixed in SP1, which might be out quite
quickly after the release of Vista, but if they are doing it correctly
it will take quite some time to have it resolved. Users who thus will be
using Vista will not be able to make use of our services. At the moment
the OpenVPN Tun32 driver doesn't support Vista either and as such AYIYA
<http://www.sixxs.net/tools/ayiya/> tunnels can't be created either to
circumvent this problem.

Because of this we ask you to show your opinion, either by posting in
the forum <https://noc.sixxs.net/forum/?msg=setup-401756> or drop us a
note at info w sixxs.net <mailto:info w sixxs.net>. We will then aggregate
these responses and forward them to Microsoft who hopefully will then
raise the level of importance on this bug so that when Vista ships it is
actually in there.
==cut==

Link:
http://www.sixxs.net/news/2006/#windowsvistasupportnonexistantduetomissingprotosupport-0728