[ipv6-tf] Statystki ruchu wIPv6 Day

Lukasz Trabinski lukasz w trabinski.net
Czw, 9 Cze 2011, 08:24:47 CEST

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Marcin Cieslak wrote:

> Ja poczekam, aż Facebook zostanie na stałe na IPv6, Comcast uruchomi
> znaczącej porcji klientów natywne IPv6, Netflix z pomocą jednego
> lub obu uczestniczących w dzisiejszym teście CDN-ów i.... okaże
> się, że parę milionów ludzi korzysta nic o tym nie wiedząc z IPv6
> i potrzebuję IPv4 coraz mniej...

Podsumowanie akcji ze strony facebooka:

World IPv6 Day came to an end earlier today. We successfully enabled IPv6
on our site for 24 hours, with great results. We saw over 1 million users
reach us over IPv6.

We’re pleased that we did not see any increase in the number of users
seeking help from our Help Center. The estimated 0.03% of users who may
have been affected would have experienced slow page loads during the test.

Based on the encouraging results, we’ve decided to leave our Developer
site dual-stacked, supporting both IPv4 and IPv6. And we will continue to
adapt our entire code base and tools to support IPv6.

We are glad to have joined with the Internet Society, major Web companies,
and other industry players to enable IPv6 for this test day. It was a
great opportunity to test our infrastructure and IPv6 readiness.

IPv6 is vital to the continued growth of the Internet, and World IPv6 Day
was a great step in the advancement of the protocol.  We hope the overall
success of the 24 hour test will encourage others in the industry to
establish reliable IPv6 connectivity and develop robust IPv6 products.